The IUCN Environmental Law Centre is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Water Law and Governance Support Platform (WLGSP) and governs data collection and usage. By using the WLGSP, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
The WLGSP collects information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically provided to the WLGSP server. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by WLGSP for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the WLGSP Web site.
WLGSP encourages you to review the privacy statements of the Web sites you choose to link to from WLGSP so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. WLGSP is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the WLGSP sites.
Use and Security of your Personal Information
The WLGSP has the Registration page requesting from you sensitive personally identifiable information. You may also communicate with WLGSP’s team and partners by e-mail. In these cases the WLGSP collects and uses your personal information to operate the WLGSP Web site and deliver the services you have requested. The WLGSP also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from the WLGSP. The WLGSP may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
The WLGSP does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. In addition, the WLGSP may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to the WLGSP, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
WLGSP partners’ sites or the sites found by the search may have pages requesting from you your user Id, password and/or any sensitive personally identifiable information. It is your responsibility to check in each specific case if the pages secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
The WLGSP does not use or disclose sensitive personal information without your explicit consent.
The WLGSP keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within the WLGSP, in order to determine what WLGSP services are the most popular. This data may be used to deliver customized content and advertising within WLGSP to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
The WLGSP Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the WLGSP or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the WLGSP; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the WLGSP, or the public.
The WLGSP Web site uses "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize the WLGSP pages, or register with the WLGSP site or services, a cookie helps the WLGSP to recall your specific information on subsequent visits.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the WLGSP services or Web sites you visit.
Changes to this Statement
The WLGSP will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect customer feedback. The WLGSP encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how the WLGSP is protecting your information.
The WLGSP welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that the WLGSP has not adhered to this Statement, please contact WLGSP at waterlawandgovernance [at] iucn [dot] org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem
Please read these terms and conditions before accessing or using the WLGSP
1. General. This User Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of a license for you to use the WLGSP. By accessing and/or using the WLGSP, you consent and agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions of this User Agreement. The rights and obligations concerning use of the WLGSP in accordance with this User Agreement are personal to you or to members of your household and are not transferable to any other person or entity. From time to time, these terms and conditions of use of the WLGSP may be modified. Accordingly, please continue to review the terms and conditions whenever accessing or using the WLGSP, since any use by you after any such changes, modifications, or additions shall be governed by this User Agreement.
2. Usage. The WLGSP contains copyrighted material and/or other proprietary information and thus, are protected by intellectual property agreements and copyright laws and regulations worldwide. You are hereby granted a license to use, download and print the materials contained in the WLGSP solely for non-commercial purposes and in accordance with this User Agreement, provided that you do not alter or remove any copyright symbol or other identification concerning authorship of any of the materials contained on or otherwise made available to you in the WLGSP. IUCN and its licensors are the sole and exclusive owners of all right, title and interest, including trademarks, copyrights, trade names, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights, contained in the data and software of the WLGSP. Except as may otherwise be expressly permitted any copying, browsing, redistribution, publication, or commercial exploitation of any material contained on or otherwise made available to you on the WLGSP is strictly prohibited. You may make one back-up copy of the data from the WLGSP for your own personal use; however, you may not otherwise copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, or decompile any aspects or parts of the WLGSP.
3. Sub-license. All forms of sub-licensing, reselling, republication or other forms of redistribution of any of the data or software used in the WLGSP, including Internet posting, electronic mailing, faxing, archiving in a public data, redistributing via a computer network or in printed form, to any third party, are strictly prohibited.
IUCN may deny you access to all or part of the WLGSP without notice if you engage in any conduct or activities that IUCN believes violate any term of this Agreement.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitations on Liability. NEITHER IUCN OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WLGSP WILL BE FREE FROM INTERRUPTIONS OR FREE FROM ERRORS, NOR THAT ANY INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE FROM OR RELATED TO THE DATA IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; NO WARRANTY IS MADE AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE WLGSP, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WLGSP.
THE WLGSP IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MARCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL IUCN BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS OR PROFITS, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WLGSP EVEN IF IUCN WAS PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
You further expressly acknowledge and agree that information, text, graphics, and hyperlinks provided to you through the WLGSP and located on other sites throughout the combined global electronic networks known as the Internet and the World-Wide-Web are provided solely as a resource and a convenience to you. Such hyperlinks to other sites are not an endorsement by IUCN of those sites. IUCN does not make any warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of such information, text, graphics, and hyperlinks. IUCN has not tested any software located on other sites and it makes no representation as to the quality, safety, reliability or suitability of such software.
Under no circumstances shall IUCN or its affiliates or licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages that result in any way from your use, non-use or reliance upon the Data, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletions, errors, or defects in the Data, or delays in their operation, transmission or failure of performance.
5. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold IUCN and its affiliates harmless from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, related to any violation of this Agreement by you or any authorized users of your account.
6. Termination. Either you or IUCN may terminate this User Agreement at any time, effective immediately, with or without prior notice to the other party. Termination of this Agreement automatically terminates your license to use the WLGSP and any content or other material contained therein. The provisions of Section 4, 5, 7 and 8 shall survive any termination of this User Agreement.
7. Governing Law; Disputes. This User Agreement shall be governed by general principles of law, to the exclusion of any single national system of law. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising under or pursuant to this User Agreement shall be settled by mutual agreement. If the Parties are unable to reach agreement on any question in dispute, either party shall have the right to request arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law. The Parties agree to be bound by any arbitration ruling rendered in accordance with the above, as the final adjudication of any such dispute. Nothing contained in or related to this User Agreement shall be deemed a waiver, express or implied, of the privileges and immunities of IUCN.
8 Miscellaneous. This User Agreement and any IUCN policies relating to your operation and use of the WLGSP constitute the entire agreement and understanding between IUCN and you with respect to the subject matter hereof. The provisions of this User Agreement shall inure to the benefit of IUCN and its third-party content providers and licensors. No waiver by any party hereto of any of the provisions hereof or of any breach or other default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
Follow us on our journey to the different BRIDGE basins and receive information on events and new developments.
Consult the most comprehensive global database on environmental law.